## Are Mason Jars Safe For Candle Making?
Mason jars are a popular choice for DIY candle making. Not only are they inexpensive and easy to acquire, but their versatility makes them an excellent container for any kind of candle. But, is it safe to use mason jars for candles?
The answer is yes, you can use mason jars for candles – and safely, too. There are a few key considerations to keep in mind when doing so, which we’ll take a look at in this blog.
### Understanding the Basics of Candle Making
When it comes to making wax candles, the key is to use a container that is compatible with the temperature of the wax and a wick that can safely contain the flame. Containers used for candle making should be made of a material that can handle extreme temperatures while ensuring even heat distribution, and they should also be flame resistant. Mason jars fit this requirement perfectly.
### The Benefits of Using Mason Jars for Candle Making
Mason jars offer an array of benefits when used for candle making, including the following:
* **Durability**. Mason jars are made of tempered glass, making them more durable than other types of glass. This makes them an excellent choice for candles, as they are resistant to breaks and chips.
* **Heat Distribution**. Mason jars also provide excellent heat distribution. The thick glass walls of a mason jar allow the wax to heat evenly, leading to a well-burned candle.
* **Large Variety**. Mason jars come in a variety of sizes, making them a great option for any size candle.
### Practical Considerations for Using Mason Jars for Candle Making
When using a mason jar for candle making, there are a few practical considerations to keep in mind. In particular:
* **Use Clean Jars**. It is important to use clean mason jars for candle making. This will help ensure that the wax sets properly and that the candles have a clean, even finish.
* **Stick to Small Jars**. When making wax candles, it is important to stick to smaller jars. This helps to ensure that the wax does not overheat, which can lead to a poor-burning candle.
* **Prepare the Jars**. Mason jars should be prepared prior to use for candle making. This involves sterilizing and degreasing the jars, as well as adding a layer of wax to the inside of the jar to help the candle cling to the glass wall.
By following these straightforward guidelines, you can make sure that your mason jar candles are safe and burn properly.
### Mason Jars Are an Excellent Option for Candle Making!
When it comes to making wax candles, mason jars are an excellent choice. Not only are mason jars safe and durable, but they also provide excellent heat distribution, come in a wide variety of sizes, and are relatively inexpensive and easy to find. As long as they are used correctly and prepared properly, mason jars make a wonderful container for homemade candles.