Edible Wax Candles – Home Made Wax and Wax Candles
Edible wax candles are a fun and creative craft activity that is perfect for birthday parties or simply a fun afternoon activity with friends or family. Making edible candles is a great way to turn a basic wax candle into a delicious piece of art that can become a fire hazard.
What You Need for Edible Wax Candle Making?
To make your own edible wax candles, you will need a few simple items. These include:
- Wax (either beeswax or soy wax)
- Edible food coloring
- Essential oils or artificial flavoring
- Cookie cutters
- Double boiler or heat-safe bowl
- Saucepan for water
- Candy thermometer
Step-by-Step Guide for Making Edible Wax Candles
- Melt the Wax: Using a double boiler or a heat-safe bowl, start melting the wax over medium heat, stirring constantly until it has completely melted. Monitor the temperature of the wax with the candy thermometer, aiming for a temperature of around 165°F.
- Add Color and Flavoring: Once the wax has melted, add a few drops of food coloring and/or essential oil or artificial flavoring, stirring until completely incorporated.
- Form the Candle: Pour the melted wax into the cookie cutter and let sit until the wax has hardened and cooled. Carefully remove the hardened wax from the cutter. If desired, use a wick or string for the middle of the candle.
- Popcorn Topping: To add a sugary crunch to your edible candle, sprinkle a bit of popcorn topping on the top. This adds a nice crunch and sweetness to the treat.
Tips for Making Edible Wax Candles
- Be Careful Heating the Wax: Make sure to use a stable, heat-safe bowl and pay attention to the temperature when heating the wax. Wax should not reach temperatures over 200°F, as this can be a fire hazard.
- Let the Candles Cool Outside: For best results, let the edible wax candles cool outside of the mold. This will ensure that the shape is even and the wick or string is easily folded into the candle.
- Choose Edible Food Coloring or Natural Dyes: Make sure to steer clear of any non-edible food coloring or dyes when crafting edible wax candles.
Creating edible wax candles is a fun and creative activity that can turn a basic wax candle into a tasty treat. With a few simple ingredients and tools, you can create beautiful candles that won’t pose a fire hazard. Have fun and be creative when making your own edible wax candles!
Welcome to my candle making blog! In this blog, I will be sharing my tips and tricks for making candles. I will also be sharing some of my favorite recipes.