##Coloring For Candle Making
Adding color to your candles can give them a more attractive and vibrant look. There are a few different methods to achieve the results you want when it comes to adding color to your candles.
Before we delve in to the specifics on how to dye or paint your candles, let’s quickly cover the basics of candle coloring. All candles get their color from dyes, pigments and pigments blended with either mineral oil or paraffin wax.
###Using Candle Dye
The most popular way to add color to your candles is to use candle dyes. Candle dyes are small pieces of pigment made specifically for candle making. They dissolve in melted wax and can easily be combined with other dyes to make new and unique colors.
The great thing about candle dyes is that they don’t alter the physical properties of the candle wax. This means that if you light a candle made with dye, the texture, clarity and burning characteristics will remain the same.
####How to Use Candle Dye
Using dye to color your creations is a simple process. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Melt your wax and stir in some dye until you have the desired color.
2. Pour the wax into your candle molds.
3. Let the dyed wax cool and then remove your candles from their molds.
4. If you want to add a second layer of color, melt some new wax and add dye until you achieve the desired color.
5. Pour the colored wax in to the candles and let them cool.
6. Finally, trim the wicks of the candles and voila – you’re finished!
Another great way to add color to your candles is to use paint. Paint can be used to create intricate patterns and designs on the outside of the candles. But be careful – applying too much paint can clog the wicks and make your candles more difficult to light.
####How to Use Paint
Using paint to color your candles is easy. Here’s how to do it:
1. First, melt your wax and pour it in to your candle molds.
2. Once the wax has cooled and hardened, apply a layer of paint to the outside of the candles.
3. Let the paint dry for at least 24 hours, or until it is completely dry.
4. If you want to add a second layer of paint, repeat steps 2 and 3.
5. Finally, trim the wicks of the candles and you’re all done!
These are the two primary methods to add color to your candles. Whether you use dyes or paint, you’ll be able to create stunning and unique creations.
Welcome to my candle making blog! In this blog, I will be sharing my tips and tricks for making candles. I will also be sharing some of my favorite recipes.