Eco Soy Candle Making
Eco soy candles are an economical, natural and renewable source for creating your own candles. Eco soy candles are made from soy wax, a by-product of soybean oil production. Soy wax is natural, renewable, and cleaner burning than paraffin. Here is what you need to know about making your own eco soy candles:
You will need the following items to make your own eco soy candles:
- Soy wax
- Candle wicks
- Essential oils or fragrance oils
- Glass containers or molds
- Candle thermometer
- Soy wax flakes
- Pouring pot
- Wick pin
- Measuring cup
- Scissors or knife
To create the perfect eco soy candles, you need to use the correct measurements for the wax and fragrance oils.
|Soy Wax||1 oz.|
|Fragrance Oils||2-3 drops per 1 oz. soy wax|
- Heat your soy wax flakes in a pouring pot over medium-low heat.
- Once the wax has melted, add the fragrance oil and stir with a wick pin.
- Place your wick in the center of the container or mold and secure it with a wick pin.
- Turn off the heat and allow the wax to cool to 180°F, then pour the wax into the container or mold.
- Allow the soy candle to cool completely (at least 4-5 hours) before trimming the wick and lighting the candle.
There are a few tips to help you get the most out of your eco soy candle making experience:
- Choose the right type of container or mold – This will affect the burn time and scent throw of the candle.
- Wick size – Choose the correct size to ensure the wax burns evenly.
- Add color – For a lovely, natural-looking candle, add soy wax flakes to add color.
- Stir the wax regularly – Stiring helps release any trapped air bubbles in the wax.
Making eco soy candles is a fun and rewarding activity and a great way to reduce your environmental footprint. With just a few simple ingredients and supplies, you can create beautiful, natural and fragrant candles!
Welcome to my candle making blog! In this blog, I will be sharing my tips and tricks for making candles. I will also be sharing some of my favorite recipes.