Candle Making with Green Glass Jars
Have you ever wanted to create beautiful and unique candles for yourself or to give as gifts, but you’re unsure where to start? Try candle-making with green glass jars for the perfect combination of charm and simplicity!
Green glass jars are the perfect vessels for candle-making. Not only are they easy to come by and relatively inexpensive, but they also look great and are often associated with relaxation and a feeling of home. Green glass jars come in a variety of sizes, allowing you to make both small and large candles.
Steps to Make Candles Using Green Glass Jars
- Gather your supplies: green glass jars, wax, wicks, scents, dye, scissors, stir stick, pot, and a pouring pitcher.
- Measure out the wax for your candles. Generally, for a 5 ounce candle, you will need 2 1/2 ounces of wax.
- Place the wax in a pot and heat it on a stove top until it is completely melted.
- Turn off the heat, and then add your desired scent, dye and additives to the melted wax.
- Cut the wicks to the correct length for the jar. If you are making a 5 ounce candle, you will need a 6-inch wick. If you are making a 12 ounce candle, you will need an 8-inch wick.
- Place the wick in the middle of the jar and secure it with a wick holder.
- Slowly and carefully pour the melted wax into the jar.
- Allow the candle to cool completely before adding a lid.
Tips for Making Candles with Green Glass Jars
- Be sure to measure out the right amount of wax for each candle. If you are making a 5 ounce candle, you will need about 2 1/2 ounces of wax. For a 12 ounce candle, you will need about 6 ounces of wax.
- Adding a few drops of essential oils gives the candle a nice scent. Essential oils provide a more natural and pleasant scent than chemical fragrances used in store-bought candles.
- To create a spiral effect in the candle, insert a dowel rod or pencil into the wick hole at the top of the jar and swirl it around in a circle. This will cause the wax to ripple around the inside of the jar, creating a unique and beautiful pattern.
- To prevent the wax from spilling, allow it to set for at least one hour before securing the lid. This will ensure that your candle is securely sealed and won’t leak.
Making candles with green glass jars is a great way to get creative and to create beautiful and unique candles for yourself or to give as gifts. With a few simple steps and some basic supplies, you can create stunning candles with a homey and relaxing feel.
Welcome to my candle making blog! In this blog, I will be sharing my tips and tricks for making candles. I will also be sharing some of my favorite recipes.