Making and Selling Beeswax Candles
Beeswax candles are one of the oldest types of candle and have been around since ancient times. They are favored for their natural beauty, long burn time, and unique scent due to the naturally occurring beeswax. Making and selling beeswax candles can be a profitable and satisfying hobby.
Steps to Making and Selling Beeswax Candles:
- Gather the materials. You will need beeswax, wicks, containers, and a means to melt the beeswax.
- Cut wicks to the desired length, being sure to leave extra length for burning.
- Melt the beeswax in a safe, designated area. The temperature of the wax is important and you may need to buy specialty wax melting equipment.
- Once the wax is melted to the proper temperature, dip the wick in the wax, then carefully remove it and allow the wax to cool and harden.
- Attach the now beeswax-covered wick to the bottom of the container and allow it to cool for 24 hours before adding the liquid beeswax to the container.
- Carefully pour the beeswax in to the container, filling it to the desired level. Allow it to cool for another 24 hours.
- Trim the wick if needed, ensuring that the length of the wick is no longer than 1/4 of the container’s height. This will ensure that the candle burns evenly.
- To finish the candle, you can add color, scents, labels, and decorations.
Tips for Selling Beeswax Candles:
- Pricing: Your pricing should be in line with the quality of your candles and the market you are selling in. It may take some research to find the right pricing.
- Advertising: Connecting with your target audience and advertising your candles is key to getting your product out in the market.
- Inventory: Have a range of different candles available in your inventory. This can help you cater to different tastes and preferences.
- Packaging: Making sure your candles are attractively packaged can be a great way to draw customers in. Using creative wrapping and labeling can be a great way to stand out.
Making and selling beeswax candles can be a creative and fun way to make extra cash. With the right tools and a bit of effort, you can make high quality candles that people enjoy and that you can be proud of.
Good luck on your candle making and selling journey!
Welcome to my candle making blog! In this blog, I will be sharing my tips and tricks for making candles. I will also be sharing some of my favorite recipes.