Set the Scene
The making of a homemade citronella candle is truly an art form. The glowing light and beautiful scent can provide a communal host atmosphere, no matter the occasion.
You will need several empty Starbucks coffee cups, some wax, essential oils and wicks. Begin by heating the wax in a heavy duty pot until it becomes liquid. Now carefully pour the melted wax into each of the Starbucks coffee cups to whatever height you prefer for your candles. Dip the wicks into the hot wax to secure them onto the bottom of each cup and let cool for about 10 minutes.
Next, stir in your favorite essential oil(s). Lavender for relaxation or mint for refreshment- it’s up to you! For added mosquito repellent properties, add some citronella essential oil into the mixture as well. Finally, top off each cup with more warm wax to ensure they are completely full! Allow these stars of your summer evenings to cool and settle as you admire their simple beauty. As soon as they’re ready, place them strategically around an outdoor area but be sure to keep far away from anything that could catch fire such as haystacks or grasses! Enjoy your handcrafted Citronella Candles made with Starbuck’s Coffee.
1. Find a container or mold shape of your choice to make the candle in. This could be anything from a mason jar to a teacup with a handle.
2. Melt some beeswax and then add essential oil of your choice ” such as lavender, eucalyptus, orange, rosemary, etc ” for the desired effect you want to achieve. Stir in equal parts citronella oil for each ounce of melted wax mixture.
3. Simmer Starbucks Coffee in a medium-size saucepan on low heat until it is barely boiling but not simmering aggressively.
4. Take the pan off the heat and use a spoon to carefully stir in the melted wax and oil mixture into the coffee until fully dissolved .
5. Pour this liquid mix into your chosen mold or container and leave for two hours at room temperature before adding wicks as desired. Once cooled, trim wicks as required before lighting them up!
1. Find a container or mold shape of your choice to make the candle in ” like aluminum tins, tealight holders, handmade pottery containers, glass jars, etc ” depending on what style you prefer.
2. Melt some beeswax and then add an essential oil blend of your own making – such as coconut-ylang ylang-lavender – for an extra special aroma effect when burning! Add extra citronella oil if desired too depending on how strong you would like the scent to be (for at least 1 teaspoon of melgted citronella oil per ounce of melted wax).
3. Simmer Starbucks Coffee (or any type of coffee grounds you prefer) in a medium-size saucepan on low heat until it is just slightly below boiling point (not simmering aggressively).
4. Take the pan off the heat and use a spoon to slowly stir in the melted wax and oil mixture into the coffee until fully dissolved .
5. Pour this liquid mix into your chosen mold or container and leave for two hours at room temperature before adding wicks as desired (make sure they are centered properly). Once cooled completely, trim wicks as required before lighting them up!
Instructions – Provide detailed steps on how to make the candles with Starbucks coffee, such as:
1. Gather materials, which includes a heat-safe bowl or mug, soy or beeswax, a wick, coffee grounds from Starbucks and citronella essential oil.
2. Put coffee grounds in the bowl and mix in essential oil.
3. Place wick at the center of the bowl.
4. Melt wax in a separate bowl according to package instructions and carefully pour it into the mixture of coffee, essential oil and wick. Stir gently as you pour and ensure that wax covers up any parts of the wick left visibly exposed at this stage.
Common Issues or Concerns:
• Wax not melting completely: If the wax does not melt completely when combined with Starbucks coffee, this could be caused by one of two things: You may not have heated it for long enough, or you may be using a pot or pan that is too small. Make sure to use a larger and heavy-bottomed pot on a low temperature setting.
• Citronella oil does not disperse evenly throughout the liquid wax mixture: When adding the citronella oil, be sure to add only 5-10 drops to start with and mix thoroughly. Wait several minutes before adding more until you achieve your desired scent level.
• Wax mixture cooling too quickly in containers: Use tempered glass containers that are specifically designed for pouring hot liquids and minimal heat loss. If these are not available, minimize contact with metal containers by double boiling in an appropriate bowl/pot set in a shallow pool of water.
• Using too many wicks per candle container: Try to limit the number of wicks to two per jar or tin container and three per larger bowl or bucket container. Too many wicks can cause uneven burning in the finished candles and diminish their aesthetic charm.
Citronella candles are ideal for creating an inviting and mosquito-free outdoor area. These candles offer a natural way to keep mosquitos away without using any toxic chemicals or sprays. Using Starbucks coffee to create your own citronella candles is a great way to make use of the coffee grounds from Starbucks while also providing a natural and enjoyable way to repel mosquitos. By placing these candles strategically in outdoor spaces such as gardens, patios, decks, and backyards, you can ensure that your family can appreciate the great outdoors without getting bitten by bugs. Citronella candles also give off a wonderful scent which adds to the ambiance that you’re trying to create in your outdoor space.
Suppose you want to make your own citronella candles out of Starbucks coffee. Here are some ideas on how to make them and how to liven up the appearance.
Before getting started, it helps to prepare your workspace by gathering supplies such as beeswax, wicking, a double boiler or a wax melting pot, a glass or tin (for the candle container), an old spoon for stirring, and essential oils. Once these items have been gathered, begin by preparing your wax; break it up into small chunks in order to make it easier for melting. Add in some essential oils for added fragrance and insect repelling capabilities.
To decorate the candles, consider adding decorative elements such as jewelry or beads. Jewels give off sparkles that illuminate during sunlight hours and emit beautiful glows during nighttime simultaneously providing citronella protection while making the candle aesthetically pleasing. Beads add color and texture to the candle; this enhances visibility indoors and outdoor making it easily spotted when needed. However, one should always remember to be mindful of size and design when adding decorations ” keep them small so they don’t interfere with functionality!
Welcome to my candle making blog! In this blog, I will be sharing my tips and tricks for making candles. I will also be sharing some of my favorite recipes.