## Candle Making Supplies Denver
Have you ever wanted to create your own candles but weren’t sure where to start? Denver, Colorado is the perfect place to find the perfect supplies for your candle making needs. From waxes, to wicks, to scents and dyes, Denver has you covered!
#### Types of Candle Wax
When it comes to candle wax, there are numerous types of waxes to choose from – each with its own unique characteristics.
* **Paraffin Wax:** One of the most popular types of wax for candle making, paraffin is a petroleum by-product. It is the most cost effective and can be poured in any desired color.
* **Soy Wax:** Soy wax is made from the fatty acids of soy beans and is a renewable resource making it a great eco-friendly alternative to traditional waxes. It burns slower and maintains color better in comparison to paraffin.
* **Gel Wax:** Gel wax is a type of wax that is combined with mineral oil and results in a semi-transparent look. It can hold objects and decorations better than other types of wax, but it is more expensive and won’t hold its shape once it cools.
#### Candle Wicks
Choose the proper wick for your candle is important as it will determine how your finished product looks and burns.
* **Cored Wicks:** Cored wicks have a thin wire center and are very popular in container candles.
* **Taped Wicks:** Taped wicks have either a paper or cotton tape wrapped around the wick and they are perfect for the beginner candle maker because they are easier to center in candle molds. They are also incredibly cost effective.
* **Braided Wicks:** Braided wicks are cotton wicking that has been twisted together and are great for emergency candles as they provide a steady, consistent burn.
#### Candle Scents & Coloring
Adding scents and colors to candles can make your decorative piece stand out from the rest.
* **Candle Scents:** A variety of essential oil scents are available from floral, herbal, fruity and more. Experiment with unique combinations to create your own custom scent!
* **Candle Dyes:** Candle dyes come in both liquid and powder form and provide vibrant color to set the mood. Choose from colors that range from bright and bold colors to muted and subtle tones.
#### Finding the Perfect Candle Making Supplies in Denver
Denver boasts many candle making supply stores for all of your candle making needs. Check out [The Wax Wisteria](http://www.thewaxwisteria.com/candlesupplies/) to find all of your supplies under one roof, or head to [Colorado Candle Supply](http://www.coloradocandlesupply.com/) for wholesale and bulk options.
Now that you know all of the essentials of candle making it’s time to get started. With the right supplies and a little bit of creativity, you can create the perfect decorative piece. So, go ahead and explore Denver’s candle making supplies and create something beautiful today!
Welcome to my candle making blog! In this blog, I will be sharing my tips and tricks for making candles. I will also be sharing some of my favorite recipes.