Granite Candle Making
Candle making is an enjoyable craft that can range from simple and straightforward to complex. Making candles with granite wax adds a unique twist to the crafting experience without sacrificing any of the fun. Granite is a natural wax made from plant oils and waxes that’s used in a variety of candle making styles.
Benefits of Granite Wax:
- Natural – Granite wax is an all natural product made from vegetable oils and waxes that are created through a complex process.
- Versatile – Granite wax is a great fit for candle makers of all levels and styles. It’s also great for people who are looking to get creative with different shapes and sizes of candles.
- Clean Burning – Granite wax doesn’t produce soot or smoke during burning, making it a great eco-friendly option for your home.
- Long Lasting – Granite candles burn for longer periods of time than other types of wax, making them a great choice for those who don’t want to be constantly replacing their candles.
Tools and Supplies
To make granite candles at home, you’ll need the following:
- Granite wax
- Candle wicks
- Cylinder molds
- Fragrance oil (optional)
- Melting pot
- Pouring pitcher
- Stirring spoon
Steps to Making Granite Candles
Making your own granite candles at home is a fun and easy process:
- Melt the Granite Wax – Place your granite wax into a melting pot, and warm it up until it’s melted. Make sure not to heat up the wax too much, or it may start to smoke.
- Add Fragrance – If you’d like to add a scent to your candles, stir in a few drops of fragrance oil. Start with less, and add more if you desire a stronger scent.
- Add Wicks – Once the wax is melted, place the wicks into the molds. Make sure the wicks are centered, so your candles will burn evenly.
- Pour the Wax – Gently pour the melted wax into the molds, filling them almost to the top. Make sure not to disturb the wicks, and leave a little space at the top of each mold so the wax can cool without overflowing.
- Let Cool & Unmold – Wait for your candles to cool and harden completely before attempting to remove them from their molds. Once the candles are ready, simply pop them out and enjoy!
Granite wax is a great option for those interested in making their own candles at home. The natural wax has a clean burning quality, and is versatile enough for all sorts of candle making styles. All you need is a few simple tools and supplies, and you’ll be on your way to making your own unique candles in no time.
Welcome to my candle making blog! In this blog, I will be sharing my tips and tricks for making candles. I will also be sharing some of my favorite recipes.