Organic Beeswax For Candle Making:
Making candles at home with organic beeswax is a safe, enjoyable and rewarding way of creating long-burning, great-smelling lights that you can use to bring warmth and ambiance to any room. The process itself is easy and using organic beeswax makes it even better!
What Is Organic Beeswax?
Organic beeswax is a type of wax produced by bees. It has been an integral part of the candle-making process for centuries and is still widely used today. Beeswax is produced in the form of small scales within the honeycomb. It is a natural by-product of beekeeping, having no impact on the health of the bees. Organic beeswax is made without the use of additives and is free of pesticides, herbicides and other harmful chemicals. It is a renewable source of energy and contains beneficial purifying properties.
Benefits Of Organic Beeswax For Candle Making:
- Non-Toxic – Unlike some paraffin wax candles, organic beeswax is non-toxic and does not emit any harmful chemicals when lit.
- Clean Burning – Beeswax is known for having a clean, consistent burn that produces little to no soot.
- Long Burning – Organic beeswax candles burn much longer than paraffin varieties, making them more economical.
- Pleasing Aroma – Beeswax has a natural, sweet aroma which is often preferred over artificial fragrances.
- Environmentally Friendly – Beeswax is a natural and renewable source, produced with no harm to the environment.
How To Make Organic Beeswax Candles:
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler.
- Add scent and colors to the hot wax, if desired.
- Pour the melted wax into a mold.
- Allow the wax to cool, then remove from the mold.
- Affix a wick ( cotton or hemp cord works best).
- Trim the wick to the desired length and light!
Organic beeswax is a great choice for making candles. It provides a safe, soot-free burn and can be used in a variety of candle-making projects, making it a great way to add elegance to any home. With its long-lasting burn and sweet aroma, organic beeswax candles make the perfect addition to any décor!
What types of molds can be used for making candles with organic beeswax?
The most common type of molds used for making candles with organic beeswax are container molds, pillar molds, and votive molds. Container molds are used to make container candles, pillar molds are used to make pillar candles and votive molds can make both votive and tealight candles. Each of these molds come in a variety of shapes and sizes, allowing you to create a wide variety of candles.
Welcome to my candle making blog! In this blog, I will be sharing my tips and tricks for making candles. I will also be sharing some of my favorite recipes.