Introduce the Instructor
Candle Making Class Annapolis is pleased to introduce our instructor, Becca Livingston. Becca has been an avid candle maker for over 10 years and has studied to become an expert in the craft. Since her first class at a local art studio, she’s acquired advanced knowledge of everything from material selection and aromatherapy to intricate wick configurations and pouring methods. Over the span of her career, Becca’s created more than 500 custom candles for her own shop, which were featured in numerous publications. She also teaches regular classes, workshops, and private events where she imparts her candlesmithing secrets with friends, family and students alike. With extensive experience within both classic candle making as well as modern day innovations like layered melts, we promise you won’t be disappointed when attending Candle Making Class Annapolis!
Tips and Tricks Section
1. Preparation is key: Properly prepare your work area by setting up all the materials you need to make a candle before starting any of the steps in the process. This will help ensure that the entire candle making process goes quickly and without interruption.
2. Better ingredients = better candles: Always use the highest quality wax, wicks and fragrances available when crafting your candles. Poor quality products can lead to improperly crafted candles that will not last long, flame unevenly or have problems burning properly.
3. Shape it up: Delicately shaping (pouring) candles shortly after wax melts are pulled from their molds can lead to greater accuracy and consistency among multiple candles. Remember, taking pride in each candle will show others how much effort you put into it when they look at it, so give each one special attention.
4. Hot tips for wicks: To keep wicks at the desired length for an even burn throughout the life of your candle, adjust them as needed once each layer of wax cools and no longer poses a danger of burning yourself or becoming otherwise damaged from heat warping or hardening while adjusting it too hot.
5. Finish it off right: Give every candle its own unique touch with special decorations like stickers or chalkboard labels or simply hand lettering above its wick that adds extra character prior to gifting or selling them to customers
Create a Gallery
Having a gallery section dedicated to showcasing finished projects from the candle making class would be an excellent addition to the class. Not only would it help to spur on creativity and motivation amongst students, but it could also provide inspiration to other aspiring candle makers. The gallery section could include photos of each student’s project along with an explanation of the materials used, technique demonstrated, and time needed to complete the project. This could serve as a reminder of what was learned in each class session and provide a step-by-step guide for future novice candle makers. Additionally, the gallery section could contain descriptions of each item so that visitors can learn more about the different candle creations made by classmates. Assembling this gallery could potentially help recruit new students and generate interest in taking a candle making class at Annapolis as well!
At Candle Making Class Annapolis, we take great pride in the quality of instruction and satisfaction of our past students. Many of them have expressed their appreciation for their newfound candle making skills and knowledge. Here are a few of their experiences:
“The instructor’s knowledge was amazing! I was hesitant that I wouldn’t be able to understand any of the techniques, but she explained everything so well. I had no problem following along.” – Christina
“My experience at Candle Making Class Annapolis was incredible! From the moment I walked in, I felt welcomed and supported throughout my whole class experience. Everyone there was so friendly and knowledgeable, it was a truly enjoyable learning experience.” – Julie
“The instructor showed a great level of care when teaching each step. He made sure to go over each often to ensure everyone understood so they were able to get the best results possible. I’d definitely recommend this class!” – Sean
Offer Troubleshooting Support
When it comes to offering troubleshooting support for the Candle Making Class Annapolis, we will provide a variety of solutions. We will develop detailed resources that answer common questions, such as how to select the best wax or wick for your needs, plus provide additional details on different scents and dyes. Our team of experts can also respond to specific requests with individually-tailored advice. Moreover, our classroom sessions and online tutorials cover topics in greater detail and provide visually-ledstep-by-step instructions. Finally, we offer one-to-one advice via email or phone if customers have any queries that aren’t answered by our existing materials. This entire troubleshooting support system provides clear answers with minimal fuss.
Welcome to my candle making blog! In this blog, I will be sharing my tips and tricks for making candles. I will also be sharing some of my favorite recipes.