Glitter Candle Making
Glitter candle making is a fun and creative way to light up and decorate your home. This craft can be enjoyed by anyone who has a little patience and creativity. And the best part is, it’s not too difficult; all you need is a few essential supplies and a bit of knowledge. Here are the basics of what you need to make glitter candles:
- Mold: A metal or plastic mold will work best for this type of craft. This is where the candle will be poured and will set.
- Wax: You will need to purchase wax for your candles. The type you use will depend on the type of candle you want to make.
- Wick: Depending on the size of the mold you are using, you will need to purchase wicks that match the size of the mold.
- Glitter: Glitter is what makes glitter candles so special! Choose a color of glitter that you like, and make sure it is designed for candle making.
- Fragrance: You can make your candles scented or unscented. Some people prefer non-scented candles, while others find the smell of fragrances soothing.
Making the Candle
Once you have gathered all of your supplies, the next step is to make the candle. Start out by melting the wax in a double boiler or in the microwave. Then, add a few drops of the desired fragrance or essential oils and stir. Once the wax is melted, add a generous amount of glitter to the wax.
Next, pour the wax into the mold and allow it to set for a few hours. Once the candle wax has solidified, carefully remove the mold and attach the wick to the candle. Use a pair of scissors to trim the wick down to size. Finally, your glitter candle is ready to display and enjoy!
Making glitter candles is an easy and fun craft project that everyone can enjoy. With the right supplies, some patience, and a bit of creativity, you can make beautiful and unique candles to light up your home. So why not give it a try? Get creative and make something sparkly!
What supplies do you need for glitter candle making?
2. Candle Wicks
3. Candle Mold
5. Candle Fragrance
6. Hot Glue Gun
7. Parchment Paper
8. Double Boiler
10. Protective Gear (Gloves, Goggles)
What type of wax is best for glitter candles?
The type of wax best for making glitter candles is a high-melt, paraffin-based wax. This type of wax has a high melting point which is ideal for candles as it helps them last longer once lit. It also provides better adhesion for the glitter to adhere to the surface of the candle.
Welcome to my candle making blog! In this blog, I will be sharing my tips and tricks for making candles. I will also be sharing some of my favorite recipes.