#Making Pillar Candles With Palm Wax
Palm wax is a renewable, natural wax made from the wax esters of oil-producing palm tree fruits. It has a unique softness and clarity that make it excellent for making pillar candles. With its natural golden hue, it is also perfect for creating unique and beautiful candles.
##What is Palm Wax?
Palm wax is a renewable natural wax made from the esters of oil-producing palm tree fruits. It has a high melting point and good thermal stability with a pearlescent, lustrous finish. This wax is an excellent choice for making pillar candles because of its softness and clarity, giving them a more luxurious look than traditional waxes. The natural golden hue also adds a unique touch to your candles.
##Benefits of Pillar Candles Made with Palm Wax
When you make pillar candles with palm wax, you benefit from several advantages over traditional waxes.
* The high melting point of palm wax ensures that your candles will last longer without melting or deforming.
* The softness and clarity of palm wax create a glowing, luminous look that you don’t get from traditional waxes.
* The natural golden hue of palm wax makes your candles look even more beautiful.
* It has an excellent thermal stability, so you can be sure that your candles won’t melt or deform over time.
##The Steps to Making Pillar Candles With Palm Wax
Making a candle with palm wax is a relatively simple process. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Gather your supplies. You will need palm wax, wax dye, a double boiler, a thermometer, wick anchor, wicking, candle mold, and a wick bar.
2. Melt the palm wax. To do this, add the wax to a double boiler and heat it until it reaches around 160°F (around 71°C). Make sure to stir the wax often so it melts evenly and doesn’t burn.
3. Add the dye. Once the wax is melted, add your wax dye to it, stirring it until it is evenly distributed.
4. Pour the wax into the mold. Make sure to pour the wax slowly and evenly so it fills the mold completely.
5. Place the wick anchor in the center of the candle. Secure it by pressing it down into the wax.
6. Place the wick into the wick anchor. Make sure it is centered and secure by pressing it down into the wax.
7. Place the wick bar on top of the candle Mold. This will keep the wick centered while the wax is cooling and settling.
8. Let the candle cool and settle. Let the candle cool and settle overnight.
9. Cut the wick and remove the candle from the mold. If the candle has a ringed top, you can use a knife to trim any excess wax.
##Tips for Making Pillar Candles With Palm Wax
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when making pillar candles with palm wax:
* The temperature of the wax is important. Make sure it’s not too hot as this can make the candle release large amounts of smoke when lit.
* Use a thermometer to make sure you get the temperature of the wax just right.
* Make sure the wick is centered and secure in the wax.
* Make sure to stir the wax often so it melts evenly and that there are no air bubbles.
* Let the candle cool and settle before removing it from the mold so it can retain its shape.
Making pillar candles with palm wax is a great way to create beautiful and unique candles with a soft and glowing quality. With a little bit of patience and care, you can make stunning candles that will last a long time.
Welcome to my candle making blog! In this blog, I will be sharing my tips and tricks for making candles. I will also be sharing some of my favorite recipes.